CHARLES CRUME SOFTWARE (CCS) was founded in the
(Cincinnati, OH) in June of 1992.
initial goal was to provide decent, inexpensive, and easy
to use point of sale computer software for antiques dealers. We also
committed to providing upgrades and technical assistance
at a reasonable cost.
Our initial product, the Small
Business Inventory System (SBIS), was released in late
1992. It was designed for the single antique dealer with
a small shop.
During our marketing efforts for SBIS, we
met the owner of an antique mall in
IN. He encouraged us to develop a point of sale
program for antique malls (where the owner of the building rents space to
dealers and tracks all sales). We got to work, and in early 1993 released
Data Management System
DMS is a powerful, modular, easy to learn, and
easy to use, point of sale program designed specifically for antique and craft
malls. It contains features that other antique mall point of sale programs
lack because we
listen to our customers and implement the features they request. We even implement
Over the years, CHARLES CRUME SOFTWARE has developed other software
products and expanded its' line of services.
We engage in:
- Experience with...
- A wide range of computer hardware (IBM and CDC mainframes, HP
mini-computers, Harris and Sun Microsystems Unix boxes, and
various brands of micro-computers).
- Numerous programming languages such as:
Zilog Z-80 assembler
(we dis-assembled, and documented,
the binary code of the Zilog dis-assembly program),
PHP, Perl, and
- A variety of special purpose applications:
IMSL (we converted the FORTRAN IV source code of the
IMSL that was written for IBM mainframes (8 bit byte, 32 bit word, and the
256 character EBCDIC character set) to work on a CDC 730 (6 bit byte, 36 bit
word and a 64 character character set),
- We are the "extra pair of eyes" and the "out-of-the-box"
viewpoint that are often needed.
- We can provide advice and guidance on a variety of hardware and
software issues and will always provide candid answers to your
- We develop, and support, vertical market software applications for
business such as:
- Custom applications written for your specific needs.
- Custom Reporting and Data Analysis:
- If you have existing software and need reports that the
developers can't, or won't, provide, send us an to discuss the matter.
- We work with you to determine your needs and design the site.
- Register domain name and setup the account.
- Implement special
- Setup your account(s) with eBay and PayPal.
- Setup Google Alerts.
- Setup Google Adword campaigns.
- Provide on-going support that is prompt and reliable.
- Technical Writing:
- Personal 1 on 1 attention.
- Learn Windows (move/copy files, the mouse, shortcuts, finding files,
starting applications, etc.).
- Learn how to use the internet and e-mail.
- Learn basic word processing, mail merge, etc.
- On-Line Research -- if it's out there, we can probably find it!
- Data Recovery and Backups.
Our flagship product, Data Management System,
is the ultimate
point of sale (POS)
computer program for antique and craft malls. Although designed specifically for
antique and craft malls, it can be used by almost
any business needing to track sales, customers, and inventory.
Data Management System has been in use across the
USA since early 1993. It contains the features requested by our customers because
Data Management System was designed by antique
mall owners and managers for their antique mall(s).
and much, much more!!!
- Layaways (accept up to 12 payments).
- Split sales (accept up to 3 methods of payment).
- Inventory Control (only if you want, or perhaps for just your booths).
- Price tickets (standard size of 1" by 1", and custom sizes designed to
- Tracking of your business expenses.
- Tracking of your business assets.
- Sell taxable and non taxable sales on the same invoice.
- Sell items from multiple dealers on the same invoice.
- Special reports to Analyze
sales by zip code.
- Process special dealer charges.
- Booth rent.
- Pass the fees the credit card companies charge you back
onto the dealers.
- Connect specialized hardware to make operation of your mall smoother:
Data Management System
robust and powerful business application. It is the ultimate
point of sale
software program for antique and craft malls.
Data Management System is easy to learn and use!!
It WILL STREAMLINE the operation of your antique and/or craft
- Reducing human error.
- Eliminating the drudgery of paperwork.
- Having the computer perform all those time consuming calculations
(sales tax, credit card charges, booth rent, special fees, etc.).
- Having the computer generate all the reports (sales invoices, booth reports, daily
sales reports, sales tax reports, etc.).