Apache Server 2.0 (The Complete Reference) by Ryan Bloom
Install, configure, administer, and secure the world's leading Web server using this comprehensive resource. Written by a lead Apache developer, this book provides you with all the hands-on guidance you need to administer Apache on multiple platforms.
The Most Comprehensive Apache Server 2.0 Resource Available
Install, configure, administer, and secure Apache Server 2.0 using this practical guide. You'll find all the information you need to successfully run Apache in various environments--including Windows, UNIX, and Mac OS X. Expert Ryan Bloom offers you insightful advice for avoiding common errors and reveals valuable debugging techniques. From basic topics such as downloading and installing Apache to more advanced topics that include daily administration, virtual hosting, and proxy configuration, this all-inclusive resource is ideal--even if you're a newcomer to this powerful, reliable, and scalable Web server.
- Configure, compile, and install Apache on Windows, UNIX, and Mac OS X.
- Learn the standard module structure and write simple modules.
- Set up a basic HTTP server and customize error pages.
- Discover where to store password information and learn how passwords are stored and checked.
- Build a Web site with DAV clients.
- Run CGI scripts and write a content generator.
- Understand how input/output filters work.
- Know how to load balance one site across multiple machines.
- Deal with logs as well as name-based and IP-based virtual hosts.
- Write protocol modules and learn how protocols get mapped to a request.
- Debug your Apache setup and avoid common mistakes and errors.
- Optimize site performance and learn advanced administration techniques.
|Shipping Terms and Conditions:
|We ONLY ACCEPT payments via PayPal
and ONLY SHIP to CONFIRMED addresses (please ensure you have a confirmed address BEFORE paying.)
Charges for shipping, handling, and insurance are NOT refundable and are for destinations
within the continental U.S. (i.e., the lower 48).
If you reside outside the continental U.S. there will be a shipping/handling surcharge (i.e., a
charge in addition to the listed charges) based upon where, and how, you want the item shipped.
Please contact us before purchasing with your address and where/how you want the item shipped so
we can figure how much the additional charge will be.
All prices include Kentucky sales tax where applicable.