Hewlett Packard (HP) is notorious for only testing it's printer drivers with
Microsoft products. Therefore, HP printers sometimes exhibit various
problems when used with DMS (Windows can't find the printer, Windows tries
to "fax" DMS's report, the printer will not print reliably -- sometimes it
does and sometimes it doesn't, it can be difficult to configure, etc.,
We have found a program called
that virtually eliminates the problems associated with HP printers. We recommend that you
download a copy and configure it as below.
NOTE -- This problem no longer exists in v7 of DMS!!
- Click the <START> button.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open Printers and Faxes.
- Right click on "Fineprint" and select "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
- Click the "Printing Preferences" button.
- Select the "Setup" tab.
- Check the "Do Not Show Dialog" checkbox.
- Select the "Preview" tab.
- Choose the "Bypass" radio button.
- Set the "Printer" combobox to the correct printer.
- Click the <OK> button.
- Click the <OK> button on the "Fineprint Properties" form.
- Close the "Printers and Faxes" form.